Friday, January 15, 2016

Week 2

Question 1

I selected Nike as the brand I'm reviewing. Nike's value proposition is that they are based in Eugene which is unique because it's the only really big brand that comes from Oregon or was founded here. Their business model is to produce footwear that preforms well fro many different applications, such as running and a variety of sports including football and soccer.  Some things people are saying on twitter are: "time to take these bad boys out for a winter run," I was wondering if the Nike flyknit is available in toddler shoe sizes?" and, "Just completed my 300th run. I started running in November 2012." Most of the comments were positive, but Nike didn't have the toddler shoes that the woman was asking about. If I was the brand manager I would encourage those that posted or commented positive things ( which Nike didn't do) and I would deal with questions like the one above by saying that the shoes the woman was looking for weren't available but  we would try to get them out in the next production rollover. Or find a shoe similar to what she is looking for and post a link.



Question 2

I watched a video ad about BMW and their new 7 series car. It opened with the line "the best way to tell the future is to create it," and I thought it was brilliant. The commercial then continued to to show all the new modifications to the 7 series car. It has a lighter frame and some really impressive technology that make the car seem futuristic. The marketing challenge for BMW was to show how their product was worth all the extra money they were asking for it as opposed to their competitors. They overcame this challenge by having a killer opening line and showing the amazing technology that really makes them stand out. From this ad I learned how powerful an opening phrase can be and how it can set the tone for the rest of the commercial. That if you open with something inspiring people are going to listen to what comes next because the first statement in itself was remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment